The Housing Authority of Myrtle Beach pre-applications for a lottery for the Housing Choice Voucher Program is closed.
When the list is open
MBHA will take all of the pre-applications and randomly select 1,000 pre-applications for the Housing Choice Voucher Lottery Waiting list.
A few points:
- It will be a simple pre-application
- It does not matter when you apply for the lottery – the computer will randomly select 1,000 applicants from the lottery pool.
- HCV Program participants must be a citizen or have eligible immigration status of the United States.
- You must be 18 or older to apply.
- Only one pre-application will be accepted per person.
- No income verification or other documentation is required to apply. That will be collected at time of eligibility.
- No paper pre-applications or faxes will be accepted.
- You do not need to apply at the MBHA – use any computer, smart phone or tablet with internet connection during the lottery period to apply!
- Residency in Horry County is not required to apply. (Vouchers can only be used in MBHA Service Area/Eastern Horry County, SC.)
- There is no fee to apply –Do not be scammed by people who say you can apply for a fee!
Once you submit a pre-application for the lottery, you will immediately receive confirmation that your pre-application has been accepted.
If you are selected to be in the list of 1,000 applications, you will be notified by email or letter from the Housing Authority of Myrtle Beach. If a person/family is not chosen in the lottery selection no notice will be sent.
**Click here to view locations**
For more information please see the Pre-Application Lottery Pool FAQ's
If you are on the waiting list, you may check your status by coming into the office at 605 10th Ave. North, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, or calling 843-918-1525. You will need to verify your identity before we can supply any information. Click here for directions to Housing Authority of Myrtle Beach office.
We make all contacts about the waiting list by mail. Please make sure MBHA has your current mailing address. Updates to your application must be made in writing. Contact MBHA by hand delivering changes to our office, by mail, fax, or by emailing us at email@example.com . No changes will be made by phone.
Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH)
VASH waiting list is OPEN and administered by the Veterans Administration.
For more information contact: